Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I went from a Buckeye to a Packer!

I am not sure I ever updated you guys on the fact that I'm now living in Wisconsin.

Hubby had to frantically look for a new job when I was 8 months pregnant because his job of 11 months was laying off like 95% of its employees from OH.

Hubby had heard about the layoffs and asked his manager for a head's up in case there would've been any indication that hubby would also need to change jobs, since we were pregnant and would need a job in time for our baby to arrive as well.

Turns out, the manager didn't get a chance to warn us because he, himself, also got laid off.

So, yeah, we got told in the last week of November that hubby's last day at that job would be Jan 31st, and I was due to have my baby on Jan 21st!!!

I can't even tell you how crazy the next couple of months after the news of the layoff were.

I had gone from looking forward to the commencement of my pregnancy/shopping to now having to worry about what would happen with hubby's job.

He had to quickly start looking for job openings.

Well long story short... we are now in WI, a 7 hr drive from my parents in OH :( Before I was a 5 minute drive away :(

It took a lot of patience to accept that Allah had decreed this for some higher purpose... and almost 2 yrs later, alhamdulillah we have adjusted well over here... although i miss my parents, without a doubt, and wish that Y could go up closer to his grandparents and I could use them for some free babysitting :P

Sigh, but what can one do... we gotta make the best of the card that we are dealt in life.

I've made lots of friend in WI and so things are getting better n better alhamdulillah.

No comments: