Thursday, August 4, 2016

That Day...

I haven't "felt" the same, since that day
I haven't laughed the same,
Nor breathed the same,
I haven't been the same,
Or loved the same...
I haven't been whole the same, since that day

Something was lost, on that day
I have been trying to catch my breath
Since it was lost, on that day
I haven't cared the same as I did, on that day...

Life got better and I picked up the pieces,
I moved on, from that day
I rose in strength, from that day
I still question it all from time to time,
But I have grown regardless, from that day...

I must remind myself that life is a journey,
I still have a lot, despite that day
I must not forget,
Life has been good, despite that day

I will feel better, on a day soon to come
This is His Promise, only that which I can take
Will be sent my way,
I continue to trust His Love, every day.

No comments: