Friday, March 27, 2009

Summer Reception?



Now that things seem to be clearer about A's job with his company, we're deciding to finally have the wedding reception.

Thing is, when we had the first one, it was supposed to be extremely small but then we found out that during the month of October we (meaning my family, basically) had many relatives visiting from many different countries. So, though trying to keep the guestlist extremely short, we ended up hosting more than 70 people... seriously, I think we all lost count.

But alhamdulillah (thank to Allah) everything turned out beautifully, in a way.

Of course, there were some things that I wasn't too thrilled about during the first official part of my marriage... well pretty much the fact that I had no control over anything. Everyone was freaking out... and me and my raging hormonal self (terrified to be taking such a major life-changing leap of faith) could not get a word in edge-wise.

So, yeah, I basically watched things as a spectator... hardly felt like my wedding :(
LOL.

I guess from that it must be clear now that this time round, I'm wanting to do things in a better more organized way... which involves my hubby and I.

Well, I guess I asked for it... so I got it. Problem is, everyone's like, "Oh, we planned the first event, so you're on ur own for this one... we've done our part."
That firstly makes me feel isolated... apart from scaring the daylights out of me.

I'm 21 yrs old (going on to 22) and haven't lived in my home country (the US) for that long. Plus, I've never really attended a wedding here... so do I know what planning a wedding entails? Nope.

But... I'm trying. And, things aren't exactly running smoothly, I'll say. I'm still determined to stay positive... yes, it's hard. I hate when you feel like you're running around in circles! lol.

Anyhow, so yeah, we got my husband's reception outfit today. It came in from Pakistan :D And, I pretty much love it, alhamdulillah.

It's cream, or more as what I would describe as camel colored :P LOL. That's my 'having been brought up in Arabia' side talking, I guess!

Anyhow, yeah, I love it :DDD

Ok, where was I?

Oh yeah, so we both have our reception outfits... HOORAY! But, we have no venue... because we have no venue, we can't finalize the reception date. We know that we want it in the first week of Aug... either Aug 1st or 8th! Still, we can't finalize it unless we know if we have a place to hold it!

Since we don't know where to hold it nor do we have a fixed date, we can't print cards... if we can't print cards, we can't have people RSVP. If people don't RSVP, then if the hall isn't big enough, we'll have another issue at hand!

Wedding planning is CRAZAAAY! haha. But, I think I love craziness :P

I'm still excited, nervous and scared as hell. But, I have ultimate faith in Allah (God) that things are going to work out beautifully insha'Allah (if Allah wills).

No comments: