Monday, September 29, 2008

Another ring :)

My sister bought me my wedding present today, and it was supposed to be a surprise.

But she told my paternal grandma about it and showed her the ring, while I was away at school.

Then, my sister went off to work and when I came back from school, my paternal grandmother (who is hard of hearing), hadn't realized that the present was supposed to be a surprise, and told me all about it!

The only thing that I did not know was, what kind of ring it was... she said that it had a black 'stone' or something on it...

That got me thinking... what could it be?

So eventually when my sis got home, my grandmother told her, "I already gave her the good news!"... my sister was terribly disappointed, but we didn't make it apparent to my poor grandmother.

Anyways, so my sister decided to give me the ring today as there was no point in hiding it :(

I found out the ring had a black pearl, surrounded by little diamonds on the side! i totally loooove it, alhamdulillah! And, I was, pleasantly surprised!

I'm very picky when it comes to pearls... i don't like white/cream pearls that much... I totally love black pearls, but still... I'm picky about the kind of pearl rings that are out there... I've got to say, my sister did an excellent job!

I couldn't have done better myself, masha'Allah!



So, above is a picture of the ring, from the retailer's website... this ring is slightly less expensive online than it was in-store... don't know why! And so I don't really know how much she paid for it...

Also, the ring itself is way better than what it looks like in the picture... The ring is far more delicate... the diamonds are also smaller and not very flashy, which I love! Because, believe me, I have myself a flashy diamond ring! (my wedding ring)

No comments: