Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Clothes...




My grandma came from India on August 27th and she brought along with her some clothes that we had my uncle's wife get stitched for me.

In our tradition, the mother of the bride gives the bride any odd number of outfits... a lot of times it is 25 outfits... LOL... my mom got 10 new outfits made for me, clearly we're not very traditional...

I also got 3 new outfits as a present from my uncles in India and so that made a total of 13 new outfits... my aunt was nice enough to even put in matching bangles with a lot of the clothing!

And, she even packed all the outfits in plastic, making them look store-bought as opposed to tailor-made! But they were amazing... We were very happy with the job she had done :)

Alhamdulillah... above are some pics of the outfits, my cousin e-mailed these to me while she was packing up all the clothes with my aunt and her sister.

Oh, and I do not know what I'm going to be wearing on my wedding day... I mean I know what the outfit 'is' (it's a "lehnga"... google image it :) ), but I have not seen it.

The reason for that is because of another tradition... wear his family will buy my clothes and my family buys his :)

Nowadays, people usually just give each others' families money to go and get an outfit made with it, so that the bride and groom get to wear what they, themselves, picked out... my mother-in-law-to-be had asked if we wanted to get the outfit made here or if she should get it made there... my mom opted to have them get it made there, because to get a traditional dress over here it's firstly very expensive, and secondly, you end up paying for something that is not even comparable to what you could get back in Pakistan for the same price.

So, yeah, my outfit is coming from Pakistan! All I know about it is that it's the color 'tea-pink', which u shd google too... because i describe the color as a 'grayish pink', which my sister finds to be absurd! haha

We have bought his suit, tie and shirt for him too :p (i only picked out the tie, because i ended up not going to the mall the day my parents went... but i was happy with their choice, nonetheless... thankfully, they've got good taste!)

So insha'Allah we'll both love our in-laws' choice for the both of us :)

2 comments:

The little things in life said...

EKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! i cant believe your FINALLY getting married! it seems like just yesterday that you were worried if your dad would be happy with it all lol. but alhumdulillah your dads happy n so is everyone else :D and so are you most importantly....i reallyyy wish i could be there in this wonderful moment but *sigh* inshallah i can boss around your annoying kids and you mine :P what do you say? agreed? lol

keep this updated and i wanna be the 1st person who sees the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@ gggrrrr (thats a scary monster btw lol)

The little things in life said...

btw mashallah the clothes look amazing!

nazar butt say bachi