Tuesday, September 23, 2008

They're Coming...

'A's parents arrive here on the night of Thursday, October 9th... insha'Allah.

We have booked a hotel room for them at a local Holiday Inn.

I am also going to see my wedding outfit when they arrive here to attend the wedding :(

Traditionally, the groom's parents buy the bride's outfit and the bride's parents buy the groom's outfit.

Alhamdulillah, we bought a black suit with really thin, blue pinstripes on it... and we bought a charcoal shirt with a gray tie that has very thin pink and purple stripes on it... it's not feminine! believe me... but the tie is my most favorite item of the whole ensemble :)

I picked that out... we had gotten something else earlier... but when we brought it home, all of us agreed that it looked really dully :S and so it went back.

All i've bought for myself is shooooes :) ... I got 2 pairs for $59 bucks, which apparently is a steal! i went to every store possible but refused to pay so much for a pair of shoes... but then this store had a sale and so i finally had to commit! :)

Alhamdulillah...

Now, I'm just curious to see what kind of outfit my mom-in-law-to-be, picked out for me! She said that it's come back from the tailor and that it looks AMAZING and that she really hopes that we'll love it too...

LOL.. i really hope so too :P... all i know is, that it's "tea pink" in color with golden "kaam" (or 'work') on it.

Lets see :)

Oh, and I'm having my photography teacher do portraits for the wedding... alhamdulillah she's getting us a good deal.

This was supposed to be an extremely small event but now my paternal grandma is here from India... and "A"'s parents are also coming... plus, i have a lot of other relatives coming from other places and so we decided to try our best to still keep costs down, but to do things properly.

No comments: