Saturday, November 14, 2009

Some decisions don't have to be made overnight...

After weird bouts of randomly breaking out into tears, I have come to the conclusion that I'm done with crying.

My husband and I were talking on the phone tonight and he, as well as others, reminded me that I don't have to know (or make a decision about) what I want to do with the rest of my life, right now.

'A' is an amazing husband and he just told me, 'Try out whatever you want to do and then see what you like best' but of course, there's always that 'make sure you don't neglect your duties' clause :) Which I'm totally down for.

Call it old-fashioned or conservative, but I believe that no one can take better care of my husband/house/future kids than me. I would love to be the one to do these jobs, but at the same time, I'm not oppressed in any way because I have the most caring, considering and helpful husband. He would never make me do everything, without offering to help. Alhamdulillah.

But, I have to admit, after seeing so many different people around, I have been kind of torn as to what I feel is my moral duty vs. what I think I want to do with my life.

'A' just told me he'd support me in whatever I decided to do, as long as we weren't overworked partners who would not have time for each other.

So what I think I want to do, once I graduate in March, is to look for volunteer opportunities in the community and see how I can help out. This could always change, because like my husband was saying... I should give everything a try and see how I like it.

I can't just jump the gun and assume that I'll love working, or being a housewife.


To my hubby 'A': Thank you so much baby for being so supportive, I love you very much and I pray that our love only continues to grow in the future.

No comments: